Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mikey's Pizza, Peoria

After having talked about it for a while, and somehow forgetting about it, the Don and I went to Mikey's Pizza and Subs, located where the LaGondola used to be at Forrest Hill and Gale. I've noticed that they have a "$5 Lunch Special" advertised on the window. Silly me, thinking it was something to do with pizza. We got in there, and were informed that it was a cheeseburger and fries. The Don got that, and he said that it was a pretty darn fine sandwich, stating that he thought the bun was slathered in garlic butter. That definitely got my attention.

I had the "personal" sized calzone, which was enough for two people to enjoy a lunch. Of course I ate it all, but were I only to have half, I would have been just fine. Oh yeah, it was good, too. Nothing special, but it was something I would order again.

Lots of sandwiches and some pasta dishes, too, on the menu. Some pretty decent pizza specials, as well. I recommend checking this place out for lunch sometime.

Political Rant: Hillary, it's time to hang it up. Please. Let's go ahead and get on with things. You have gone as far as you can. The Obama Train just cannot be stopped at this point.

No comments: