Thursday, October 13, 2005

Texas Roadhouse

Now I've never been too enamored with this place. It doesn't help that it's right next to Chili's, which is one of my favorite restaurants.

It's always crowded. Why? Not the best food around, but it's not real bad, either. I've had bad luck with the steaks. Me and a couple of friends would order the 16 oz. ribeye and theirs would be big and cooked right, while mine looked like the crap that fell off the truck and rinsed off and cooked. Everything else I've ever had was decent enough.

Buuuttt.... a couple of Saturdays ago myself and four friends went to this joint, put our names in for FIVE diners at a TABLE. When we were seated approximately 50 minutes later, we were given a small booth with a chair at the end of it. I don't like to squeeze my fat ass inside booths anyways, but I was four days removed from having an appendectomy and didn't really want to rub my healing wounds up against a table. About 3 minutes into our seating a table with six chairs came open after the two diners that were sitting there left. I caught the lady diner's eye and she motioned for us to grab that table. I asked our waitress if we could switch over to the table and she responded that we could indeed, and she helped us take our silverware and basket of rolls (good rolls) to this new table, and then proceeded to take our drink order.

Before the drinks arrived some young punk came back and said, "I'm going to have to ask you to move back to your table. This one was saved for another party." He was quite assholey about it, especially when told that we did have permission by the server to move here. He was hearing none of it and didn't quite understand that it was what we requested in the first place... a TABLE!!! I pushed away and started for the door. He started saying, as I passed him, "If you like, we can put you back on the waiting list for a table." I commented to him, in a very nice voice, "Not fucking likely."

So, across the parking lot to Chili's (left our cars in the Texas Roadhous parking lot... passive/aggressiveness), 15 minute wait, TABLE, and better food!!

As soon as I can figure out how to do it, I'm going to add a sidebar to this blog and have a SHIT LIST and a HIT LIST. Texas Roadhouse has the absolute pleasure of being the first on my SHIT LIST!!

Applebee's is on there too. Sucky food, and their French onion soup tried to kill me once.

No comments: